ITC Conference Grants
The second Call for Applications for Grant Period 4 is currently open. The deadline for conferences taking place before 15 October 2023 is June 20,2023. You can find the Call for Application here.
ITC Conference Grants aim at supporting Young Investigators and Innovators (under 40 years of age) affiliated with an institution located in an Inclusiveness Target Country (ITC) or Near Neighbour Country and participating in the COST Action CA18205 “Worlds of Related Coercions in Work” (WORCK) to attend international scientific conferences organised not specifically by the COST Action.
The goal of these grants is to provide financial support for their participation in high-level conferences. The grantee receives support for attending and presenting their work (poster/oral presentation) at a conference and can establish new contacts for future collaborations.
The applicant can request up to 900€ for in-person conferences and up to 500 € for online conferences.
If funded, the applicant must use the COST Action Logo and reference it in their presentation or poster.
1. The applicant is a member of the Action.
2. The applicant is under 40 years of age.
3. The applicant’s primary affiliation is an institution located in an ITC or Near Neighbour Country.
The following countries and regions are considered ITCs: Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus,Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia and Slovenia, French Guiana, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Mayotte, Reunion Island and Saint-Martin (France), Azores and Madeira Portugal), and the Canary Islands (Spain), Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia, Turkey.
The following countries are considered Near Neighbour Countries: Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Egypt, Georgia, Jordan, Kosovo, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Syria, Tunisia and Ukraine.
(please check the up-to-date list of ITC and NNC: https://www.cost.eu/uploads/2022/02/COST-094-21-Annotated-Rules-for-COST-Actions-Level-C-2022-02-15.pdf Annex I)
4. The applicant must give an oral or poster presentation at the conference in question, and must be listed in the official event program.
5. The main subject of the presentation or talk must be on the topic of the COST Action and must acknowledge WORCK.
6. The Conference for which the ITC Conference Grant is applied must happen preferably at least 45 days after the end of the deadline for this Call for Applications and the conference must end before 15 October 2022 (fifteen days before the end of the GP).
How to apply?
There will be an open call once per Grant Period to be publicised through the Worck Newsletter
Applications are to be submitted through the e-COST platform (https://e-services.cost.eu/activity/grants) and will be evaluated by a Committee consisting of representatives of each working group.
They must upload the following documents:
- Filled in ITC Conference Grant application form. A template for the application form can be found here: ITC Conference Grant Application Form (Word)
- The applicant’s CV, including recent publications (max. 1 page)
- An acceptance letter from the conference organisers (confirming either the applicant’s speaking slot or poster presentation)
- Copy of the abstract of the accepted oral or poster presentation
- Acceptance letter from the conference organisers
Each ITC Conference Grant application is evaluated by the Grants Awarding Coordinator and a selecting Committee formed with representatives of each Working Group, who approve or reject the applications in e-COST. Priority will be given to the applicants who have not enjoyed the grant before.
The University of Vienna, as Grant Holder Institution of this COST Action, monitors the incoming of approved applications, determines the amount of the grant based on the request and the available budget, sends the grant notification to the successful applicants and ensures that all grants are paid within the deadline of 30 days.
For further information, please consult the Grant Awarding User Guide.
After Participation in the Conference
Within 30 days of participation in the Conference (or 15 days before the end of the Grant Period, whichever comes first), the ITC Conference Grant grantee must upload a final report to e-cost stating the outcome of the presentation of the accepted contribution, in terms of grantee visibility, including the establishment of new contacts for new collaborations,
- the certificate of conference attendance.
- the programme of the conference or book of abstracts / proceedings indicating the presentation (oral or poster) of the grantee.
- copy of the given presentation (oral or poster).
A template for the final report can be found here: https://www.cost.eu/ITCConference_Report
The grant will be paid after the approval of the final report.
In case of non-participation by the beneficiary of the Grant in the conference, Cost Derogation Procedures will be followed.