Dissemination Conference Grants
The Call for Applications for Grant Period 4 is currently open. The deadline for conferences taking place before 15 October 2023 is 20 December 2022. You can find the Call for Applications here.
Dissemination Conference Grants aim at increasing the visibility of the COST Action Worck in high-level international scientific conferences not organised by the COST Action. These grants provide financial support for their participation in high-level conferences. Beneficiaries will be able to present the Action, their activities, and results (oral presentation) in them.
The applicant can request up to 600 €, both for in-person conferences and 500 € for online conferences.
If funded, the applicant must use the COST Action Logo and reference it in their presentation or poster.
- The applicant must be a member of the Action.
- The applicant must give an oral or poster presentation at the conference in question, and must be listed in the official event program.
- The main subject of the presentation or talk must be on the topic of the COST Action and must acknowledge WORCK.
- The Conference for which the Dissemination Conference Grant is applied must happen preferably at least 45 days after the end of the deadline for this Call for Applications and the conference must end before 15 October 2022 (fifteen days before the end of the GP).
How to apply?
Applications are submitted through the e-COST platform (https://e-services.cost.eu/activity/grants) and will be evaluated by a Committee consisting of representatives of each working group.
They must upload the following documents:
- Filled in Dissemination Conference Grant application form. A template for the application form can be found here: https://www.cost.eu/DisseminationConference_GrantApplication
- The applicant’s CV, including recent publications (max. 1 page)
- An acceptance letter from the conference organisers (confirming either the applicant’s speaking slot or poster presentation)
- Copy of the abstract of the accepted oral or poster presentation
- Acceptance letter from the conference organisers
Each Dissemination Conference Grant application is evaluated by the Grant Awarding Coordinator and a selecting Committee, who approve or reject the applications in e-COST. The coordinator and committee evaluate the scientific report after the mission and post-approve or reject the report.
The University of Vienna, as Grant Holder Institution of this COST Action, monitors the incoming of approved applications, determines the amount of the grant based on the request and the available budget, sends the grant notification to the successful applicants and ensures that all grants are paid within the deadline of 30 days.
For further information, please consult the user guide for Dissemination Grants.
After Participation in the Conference
Within 30 days of participation in the Conference (or 15 days before the end of the Grant Period, whichever comes first), the Dissemination Conference Grant grantee must upload a final report to e-cost stating the outcome of the presentation of the accepted contribution, in terms of grantee visibility, including the establishment of new contacts for new collaborations,
- the certificate of conference attendance.
- the programme of the conference or book of abstracts / proceedings indicating the presentation (oral or poster) of the grantee.
- copy of the given presentation (oral or poster).
A template for the final report can be found here: https://www.cost.eu/DisseminationConference_Report
The grant will be paid after the approval of the final report.
In case of non-participation by the beneficiary of the Grant in the conference, Cost Derogation Procedures will be followed.